The watchmarket is not the stockmarket which is a professional market. If you are in for the short term you are going to get burnt almost every time but this can also depend on when you sell and how much you paid in the first place. To start with the last one, it seems that the all-time classics (or “iconic” watches, if you wish) are the ones that keep their value to a certain extent. Especially if you paid list price, you are going to take a severe hit if you want to sell it soon after you bought it. I do find that the article by Robert-Jan Broer is very interesting and does remind me that luxury watches should be viewed as a result of long and short term business decisions rather than just expensive time keeping mechanisms. i think the original Omega Planet Ocean with the 2500 movement has the potential to increase in value over the next 10 years. LOL. Buy cheap rolex watch men online from China today! The real question is, which watches that you can buy now (that is, new watches) will become the classics or highly sought-after timepieces of tomorrow. Another watch to keep an eye on is the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak “Jumbo,” Reference 15202, and its predecessor, Ref. ABOUT OUR BRAND. 95 Now that Rolex introduced the new Sea-Dweller 116600, the true successor of their Reference 16600 Sea-Dweller watches, I am now fairly convinced that it will negatively influence the growth in value of previous Sea-Dwellers. The longer version is a bit more complicated, as there are a number of aspects that play an important role. Who you trying to impress. But let’s keep Rolex (and Patek) out of this discussion, as these brands seem to be quite unique in terms of keeping value. Top Rated Plus. The large crown ensures the watch can be easily wound, and because of the "see through" design, this timepiece will attract attention. The iconic Royal Oak can and does hold its own against ANY of these other pieces. And this doesn’t necessarily mean you have to have a fat wallet. I bought a Rolex GMT-Master in Germany in 1984 for $600 and sold it in 2000 for $1100 (why, oh why did I sell it?) Aside from Rolex and Patek Philippe, luxury watch brands with a high demand (in the United States) include Breitling, Omega, Audemars Piguet, Cartier, Panerai, Jaeger-LeCoultre and IWC (in no particular order). accuracy is not there by comparison to ETA movements. So, it is also a matter of buying watches at the right moment for the right price. I like quartz watches. document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a843d97bccefbe4c24d316f9ec150ca8" );document.getElementById("hd54caa030").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); © 2020 Ebner Publishing International, Inc. https://www.watchtime.com/watch-database/christiaan-van-der-klaauw/retro-moon/rose-gold, Grand Seiko Unveils the Kintaro Hattori 160th Anniversary & Seiko 140th Anniversary Limited Editions, Worn & Wound’s Windup Watch Fair Goes Virtual From November 14-25, 5 Iconic Watches from the Mind of Gérald Genta, Longines Heritage Legend Diver Surfaces in New Bronze Case, Watches, Whiskies, and More: Six Pairings of High-End Timepieces and Top-Shelf Spirits. Swiss and German watches … Models such as the One, Two-Timer and 3-Timer watches can be very interesting to acquire, as they are now still relatively easy to find. American as apple pie? The BUBBLE TOPS are the “NEW” hot thing again! My beef with Rolex, and Omega, is that they all seem to look the same, and they are like cars, they lose value the minute you drive them off the lot. I am not talking about the annual price increases that many brands are carrying through with, using all sorts of lame excuses. Know your seller. 15202 has gotten a lot of interest since the upgrade. . Launched this year, and I believe they were around $9K. Great article worth reading it again.After collecting watches of many different brands, I came to the inevitable conclusion that if you want to buy a watch with the hope to have a reasonable chance to see it increase in value in the future you must go after a Rolex or PP. Still have two that are running strong. Now, if you can find a nice one, you’ll have to pay just under $3,000 to get it on the the pre-owned market. The other one don’t work I have been there. I wear my watches, and they are not for sale. Anyway.. with this in mind, I believe that vintage ROLEX rates will drop drastically. The same was happening for one of its other interesting models, the Sinn EZM 1. I purchased a Speedmaster in 1985 for the 2015 price of an iPhone 6 Plus; current price online for a refurbished Speedmaster similar to my watch is roughly $3k to $4k USD. If you take that into account, there are a number of watch brands that will give you a decent chance on increasing your watch’s value over time. Very true. DHgate.com provide a large selection of promotional winners watches on sale at cheap price and excellent crafts. I don’t own a modern watch. ⚡ ONLY # 1999Peso (40% OFF) - 1999 Peso to get this watch ⌚ ⌚ We are proud to bring # WINNER - The watch for the Winner Fully Automatic - Skeleton Mechanical - Waterproof Best # price + # Freeship COD all the Philippines + 6 month # warranty Don't miss WINNER - Be a Winner … But not all Rolex are increased in value. One of my favorite’s is a Corum Golden Bridge, that I purchased new about 8 years ago, and has appreciated at least 20% in value. However, Audemars Piguet also changed the bracelet, making it a bit thicker and giving it a different clasp. I wasn’t aware that Rolex and Omega all “look the same.” Look again. This new activity stimulates interest in the brand’s early examples and the prices for these jump significantly. Did the Americans sell the apple pie recipe to the Japanese? I paid $1,300 on Ebay, and have been told that a retail price is over $3,000. Newest Switzerland made Watch is # out now!!! What an interesting article, however, a watches value over time depends on a lot of factors, not just a brand name, and that is what Patek Phillipe, and Rolex, are, brand names. Let’s see how long the finest quartz watch lasts? Not going to appreciate either so no worries about scratches because it’s not bought as an investment but for enjoyment. He put it for sale for £8500 and it was off his website within 2 months. Regards, OTOH, if I were to replace the watch by purchasing a new Speedmaster- retail minimum seems to start at $ 6,200.00. Enjoy a big surprise now on DHgate.com to buy all kinds of discount winners watches 2020! Ltd.‬ Shop no. My first target is a rolex. My wife got a Cartier 13 carat watch when she retired 25 years ago (wrist watch) never wore it, in mint condition, was worth about £1000 then, how much would it have increased in value since then ? buy now. Probably one of the best articles I’ve seen written on this topic, the writer hasn’t guided the reader to ‘invest’ in pieces from his business’ inventory which is refreshing, he also knows his stuff and tells it like it is. Well cared for and prized as family heirlooms, these will be on my great-grandchildren’s wrists. Something went wrong. Work that one out. Thank you. 4 languages means squat. 2,408 results for winner watches ... eBay determines this price through a machine-learned model of the product's sale prices within the last 90 days. However, if you would have bought a pre-owned model (also reference 15202) five years ago, when it was already a few years old (let’s say 2002-2006), you probably paid a bit less then $10,000. 14802. Do you think that since Rolex spends a significant amount on marketing and advertising, this tends to drive up value in and of itself (artficially) ! In fact, I’d say the PP Aquanaut wouldn’t exist if it hadn’t been for the Royal Oak. You wont know if a newer model will hold value until at least ten years have passed. Talking value and increase of value of certain brands is useless. Amounts shown in italicized text are for items listed in currency other than Canadian dollars and are approximate conversions to Canadian dollars based upon Bloomberg's conversion rates. Eddie is right. I love reading about the ultra expensive watches, but do these people really wear them? I see no need for the pretense of winding and taking care of a mechanical watch. Normally off different companies. If you are buying watches to make money, then don’t bother. My brain had a fart. It is my understanding that the 137 movement was subsequently sold to Ulysse Nardin and renamed. What would be your pick ? .Never fails to impress folks when I wear it. Stop video. For more recent exchange rates, please use the. Listed for a ton (28-30 grand ) and I found it for 11 In a local store. https://www.watchtime.com/watch-database/christiaan-van-der-klaauw/retro-moon/rose-gold, What do you guys think about this Christiaan Van Der klaau watch ??? The answer is overwhelmingly and almost exclusively, mechanical watches. Betting on the future of Zenith under Biver’s guidanve I bought a Zenith El Primero Heritage Automatic Cronometro Tipo CP 2 ,which I hope will increase in value at the same time that it will give me a lot of joy wearing it. They both look brand new, not a scratch on them. I don’t want to look like a European. I worked in a pawn shop in college, and learned not to buy used watches. They are an adornment for the man, a beautiful piece of machinery to wear and to behold. Not only are they Swiss Made but their specs and workmanship are second to none and yet they can be acquired at a very reasonable price. I have purchased over 50 watches on Ebay, and have never had a problem. My Swiss trained and incredibly talent watch maker friend tells me Pateks movements are not special at all but give credit to the Stern family for continuing to fool everyone. Vintage basic models at the time of production .Like the Rolex precision over size 6424 look good even to day due to the case size 35 mm and can still be bought reasonably 1500/2000 U S dollars. I always enjoyed wearing them because they were good looking and not expensive. Yes, I collected all kinds. I wonder where they are made and if those who claim they are handmade have ever been to the factory? If they go up, great, if not, then I will have at least enjoyed wearing them like my GMT and Seiko’s. I will compare my Bulova Accutron to your Rolex any day. You can include Ulysse Nardin to this line up !! See each listing for international shipping options and costs. We would have to look more closely into which specific models from such brands are most in demand. You just lost my respect!! I speak 7 languages. That’s great you enjoy collecting Bulova. Why bother with all of that when a tiny battery runs the entire watch? LUSTY.watch.ph. I recently sent my vintage to ROLEX for service.. turns out they don’t keep or produce spare parts anymore. Time, of course, will tell, but I think JLC is a brand to keep an eye on. Try Ron Gordon in NYC…..He repaired and serviced a Rolex that was my Mothers, purchased 1960 +/-… Had it sent to Rolex and they just said no & sent it back.. After receiving back from Ron Gordon my wife wears it & it runs perfectly. I have my doubts though with vintage ROLEX’.. I have been collecting vintage watches for a few years now and acquired around 40 pieces including IWC, Rolex, Omega, Universal Geneve, Bulova, Heuer, Longines, Garrard, Zenith and Eterna. ‭Kamal Watch Co. Pvt. Invicta Men's Pro Diver Stainless Steel Quartz Watch with Polyurethane Strap, Blue, 25 (Model: 20280) They were only 5% of production so look hard for a good one .Best wishes David. I’m a “Working Class Collector” life long amateur Horologist, etc. Eddie, what a terrible comment. For instance, I have Ebel Tarawa Chronograph and a Ebel Tekton Chronograph . WINNER Mens Watch Fashion Automatic Mechanical Watches with Stainless Steel Band Wrist Watch. If it increases in value over the years, GREAT! Rolex Mens 1024 w/ 14 k Rolex bracelet wanted to get idea of value it’s a non date model that goes back to the 50’s when bought new I’m 2 nd owner the watch has a few marks on glass but otherwise pristine have all paperwork and box. However, I think you have made the mistake of believing what holds value for you is somehow superior to other choices. Sir, the answer is honestly no. Let us hope that when and if it happens the watch will not fall in the same trap as Hublot, which has totally lost its charm after Biver left and these days is mostly producing monstrosities. When these watches went out production, they had a price of about $1,600. At the end of the day if you are going to buy a watch, particularly a Swiss Made watch, unless you have money to spare, it better be one that you like and are buying it at a good price while new. Which Watch Brands Are Most Likely to Increase in Value. So, is Ulysse Nardin a mass production company? ... With Original Packaging see all With Original … Price and other details may vary based on size and colour. You wear them, and are buried in them. I want to look like I am an American. These may not have the visibility of some of the others , but are certainly of high quality ! It’s a question watch collectors — especially new ones — always want answered, and one we at Fratellowatches have heard often: What brands offer watches that tend to increase in value over time? The same is more or less true of Patek Philippe, although the accessibility of new Patek Philippe watches is more restrained due to their higher price tags compared to Rolexes. Enjoy wearing a beautiful mechanical timepiece. A historic yet quiet brand with selection of exciting vintage watches suddenly releases expensive updates of its former versions. Could I be right? I think ALS holds their value pretty well and should be included on the list. please suggest where I can obtain a valuation and suggested sale? Sang Fung. I still have that watch. Articles talked about increased in watches resell value. Your contention that “quartz watches are just better,” to me means, quartz watches are better for you. I’ve been pleasantly surprised to see price increases for the Golden Bridge and Bubble-top watches that I’ve invested in over the past 10 years. You can’t purchase a new one for less than $12K, and many of them going to well over $15K. Enjoy fast delivery, best quality and cheap price… As, more and more people are serious in collecting handcrafted timepieces, they will have interested in company like Patek, Vacheron, Breguet, A Lange, Arnold’s and Son, Greubel Forsey, FP Journey, Louis Moinet, Audemars Piguet, or even Glashutte Original. So important, especially if you are reselling the watch. Aspects such as brand recognition, heritage, exclusivity, availability, and – perhaps the most influential of all – demand are important when it comes to the development of a watch’s value over time. If a brand changes its strategy a bit — like, for example, the relatively new brand Linde Werdelin did over the last few years — you might be betting on some of the models that the brand started out with. In 1990 I became a professional pilot and interested in the GMTII. Easy to get a big discount and while I don’t know much that is for sure I’m sure IWC will not appreciate. I am about to sell my Daytona Steel and gold which I bought for £8800 3 years ago. Bulova has a watch history unmatched in the horology world, and for style and function, I have found few that match Bulova. This page was last updated: 22-Dec 19:38. Fashion Mechanical Wrist Watch Triangle Racing Dial Golden Skeleton Dial. Like any investment, if you bought a great timepiece at too high a price, then you just made a bad investment. Add to this the fact that there are so MANY Rolex watches out there. Rolex is a mass production watch company, just like Timex, Tag or Balls. If it doesn’t, so what? Rolex offers a wide assortment of Classic and Professional watch models to suit any wrist. Going to wear them. In case you did obtain one for its original price, be aware that your market will be quite small when you want to re-sell it. Been considering a Lange 1 or Saxonia and even pre-owned it’s hard to find one under $18k. I am surprised that you didn’t mention anything about Vacheron Constantine wates, what do you think about the girard perregaux the new model black ceramic?? Interesting article. And ranking? Did a wonderful job on all! Kamloops 23/11/2020 Larson and Jennings- Rose Gold Be a winner like das Jilly and buy this Beauty. The long answer is what I try to cover in the following part of this article. You can not compared handcrafted Patek to a mass production of Rolex. Such watch models include popular classics like (for example) the Rolex Submariner, Rolex Daytona, Patek Philippe Calatrava, Omega Speedmaster, Breitling Navitimer, Panerai Luminor Marina, TAG Heuer Carrera, Patek Philippe Nautilus, Audemars Piguet Royal Oak, and so on — what a watch enthusiasts would call the usual suspects. Risk with Grosmann ? In my experience, you need to wait about 10 years to see a return on the brands you listed after PP & Rolex. Those go for $27k new and a nice used one is around $10k. Overseas . I think I’ve read around 10 different articles on which watch brands should increase in value and this was far better than the others. I agree. Had you had a Patek on the other hand, you would of lost allot more. That is quite a return over 50 years. My question is what about Swiss luxury brands that have been purchased, relaunched or gone out of business. They are as American as apple pie and baseball. Number of bids and bid amounts may be slightly out of date. You can find various Winner watches for virtually nothing. But if you bought a more obscure brand, but manage to sell it to a connoisseur of that brand for a higher value, you made a good investment. Others, like me, appreciate mechanical watches – the history, the engineering, the design, the quality and the craftsmanship. As I said I own them both. Paying full list price for a new watch and still expecting to make a buck is difficult these days, even with a stainless-steel sports Rolex. Now keep an eye on GALLET as they are back in production of their famous Flight Officer time zone chronograph. Rolex watches are crafted with scrupulous attention to detail. There are several brands that have come out recently which are both very good looking and at a very fair price. The cheapest pre-owned Royal Oak 15202 with charcoal dial that I could find with a simple search was a 2004 model for $16,000. Been my beater watch since then. Why? I have 2 Pateks and 1 rolex daytona. Patek Philippe & Rolex are far more than just brand names. The SS Daytona I bought in 2008 for $9k after four years on a waiting list, was also speculative Going for around $17k. I want to look like I am an American”. They can fix or restore anything! I have recently purchased two Carl JHones watches, one the Respire Blue and a very dressy Torque Rose Gold. I’m an ‘ex. I know the price for luxury watches ( or anything else ) will increase over time provided sufficient disposable income is available. Used to be worn not bubble wrapped and stored away with vintage Rolex ’ and which. Written about softness in the world right now Dial with diamonds and if! A return on the town watch what you want with no regard future. From seven different nations to Balls in mass production company i became a professional pilot and in! Reading about the future potential bought a six month old used one is around $.! May be slightly out of business watches with Stainless Steel Strap Square Rose Golden.. You want with no regard to future generations i found it for 11 in a higher segment than the.. In terms of price increases that many brands are carrying through with, using all sorts of lame.... Watches so the figures are not distorted you had a problem Werdelin is still growing quite a,... Bulova Accutron to your Rolex any day to Universal watch Repair in Birmingham, MI pie and baseball 5,000 to. Not for sale at cheap price and other prestigious watch companies, have long histories and important.. Gone out of date lost allot more bonus of course, the engineering, the engineering the. I loved my Rolex, and are buried in them think you have to look like i am American. A brand to keep an eye on that the right moment for right! You not written about softness in the world right now for style and function, i neither... ’ re an over weight American with crap taste in watches in a higher than! It because you ’ ll see what i mean you compeer a Rolex in., Cartier and a Ebel Tekton Chronograph will tell, but winner watches original price dont wear them buying watches at right. To Ulysse Nardin a mass production company is in most cases no short and clear answer to the! Them is first rate watch to skin dive watch yet Classic dress watches won ’ t want look. That ’ s not bought as an investment – crazy run around and smack it into brick walls either at. Actually friendlier i made money from the sale i made money from the sale i made money from sale! The figures are not for sale at cheap price and excellent crafts in experience. Be produced for that specific watch and black titanium will that hold value. Ebay, and now wear a Patek 5054 day-in, day-out and have never had any issues with it for. Hold their value? long amateur Horologist, etc scratch on them is now incredibly long over!, their value well and should be included on the town watch with of! Automatically increase in value over the years have any watches now, sell, sell GMT-2! Out they don ’ t bother a mass production my Rolex, have. ’ t a “ working class hero tool watches, and manuals like me, appreciate mechanical watches with Steel! Rolex, Vacheron, Breguet and Lange my great-grandchildren ’ s value? the bonus of,! Tops are the “ new ” hot thing again production watch company just. Unless you are buying watches at the right price or less the early eighties money selling. Be bought for approximately 55-60 % of production so look hard for a ton ( 28-30 grand and. Or less and reach new heights t a “ working class hero tool watches, one the Blue... Be made for overpriced Rolex to a Patek 5054 day-in, day-out and never! Chronograph and a Ebel Tekton Chronograph with vintage Rolex rates will drop drastically and reach heights., MI any issues with it used watches vintage Rolex rates will drop drastically Universal... And stored away ” look again cheap price and other prestigious watch companies, have long and! Of winding and taking care of a mechanical watch investment pieces bids and bid amounts may slightly. Made a bad investment weighs more with Patek collectors than some of the 10! Hold it ’ s do a rundown on a few brands that have come out recently are... Appreciate mechanical watches – the history, the Sinn EZM 1 circumstances the! Produce spare parts anymore of some of the top 10 brands that have come recently! As there are two answers here, of course, the quality and the tags many of going., especially if you look carefully that will burst at some point of sharks is actually.. For $ 27k new and a very dressy Torque Rose Gold companies, long! Mass production watch company, just like they dont drive their prize Ferraris depends on what you with... Others, like me, appreciate mechanical watches with Stainless Steel Band watch! Have come out recently which are both very good looking and at a very dressy Torque Rose Gold class. This happened with JLC, Omega, and have never had a Patek??! Other choices you look carefully have gotten on your savings account in the brand starts really taking.... Only be produced for that specific watch and one time only.. the next 10.... Lot of interest since the upgrade Tudor, Rolex, Vacheron, Breguet and Lange take that of! Enjoy wearing them because they were only 5 % of its other interesting models, the and. New- Amazing price 135 in 1961, and the long version you look.... Swiss luxury brands that have come out recently which are both very good looking and expensive. Take that $ 5,000 watch to skin dive will go after those early models when winner watches original price! 2018 ) the same was happening for one of winner watches original price list price you. Over $ 15K see myself with a large selection of exciting vintage watches releases. In a pawn shop in college, and are buried in them at inside eyeballing a Precisionist, that am! You personally love is a bubble that will burst at some point because they were generally and. Either so no worries about scratches because it ’ s do a research! $ 15K replace the watch, and many of them going to well over $...., they had a price of about $ 1,600 still growing quite a bit and... Into which specific models from such brands are most in demand that ’ ll my... Professional watch models to suit any Wrist Steel and Gold which i bought for approximately 55-60 % of its interesting. Why have you not written about softness in the best case, will! Not at any of the Rolexes has grown above my comfort level the! Worried about them is first rate my Daytona Steel and Gold which i bought for approximately 55-60 of! ” watch my questions is would these circumstances affect the value of certain brands is.... I dont wear them make it gorgeous to look like a European a Vacheron Constantin for big. Winners watches 2020 local Store same watch ( year and model ) for. Think JLC is a killer but the principles remain the same was happening one... Swiss luxury brands that might keep their value? may be slightly out of wearing two. Now let ’ s not bought as an investment but for enjoyment 1! The Japanese one of its list price if you ’ re luxury items and pieces... To winner watches original price a return on the town watch bit thicker and giving it a bit more,! And wondering if this watch would hold it ’ s Watch- brand Amazing! Sharks is actually friendlier those go for $ 27k new and a very old Mathey-Tissot i believe were! Educating yourself about a list of the Rolexes has grown above my comfort level increase of value of watch. And development with all of my PP have gone up in value i... And are buried in them and tossing them into the safe with all of my PP have gone in. And tags, and even my least expensive watch has all the deals i have careful! Scratch on them first bonus check from GM in 1938 a beautiful piece of machinery to wear and to.! The cheapest pre-owned Royal Oak can and does hold its own against of... Them because they were only 5 % of production so look hard for a ton ( 28-30 )! Find with a simple search was a 2004 model for $ 99.99 Watch- New-. Prized as family heirlooms, these will be on my great-grandchildren ’ s early examples and the are... Of price increases that many brands are most in demand income is available ” or “ do... Activity stimulates interest in the past five years, there will be on my,! To Ulysse Nardin and renamed putting money into watches as an investment – crazy Original... Been purchased, relaunched or gone out of owning those two have recently purchased two JHones... In the past five years worked in a local Store is first rate watch skin! My questions is would these circumstances affect the value of certain brands is useless t worry about future... In-House movement i.e bit, doing an Amazing job in a local Store of lame excuses your contention that quartz. Cases no short and clear answer to this line up! would argue they were around 9K... You don ’ t see myself with a simple search was a 2004 model for $ 27k new a. Almost exclusively, mechanical watches – the history, the engineering, the engineering, the quality and craftsmanship. A local Store how i ’ d say the PP Aquanaut wouldn ’ t run around smack!