Quite right, but Lamson doesn't do one off hand made knives. Shop for Lamson Knives at Cutlery and More. The Lamson cleaver, rosewood handle, showed up in the mail. One of my favorite knives is my heavy-duty, two-pound, full-tang, 8-inch-bladed behemoth of a cleaver that I got for $15 at a recently closed restaurant supply store in Boston's Chinatown. We have knives from 4" to 10" long to fit every possible need. Free Shipping on Prime eligible orders. I did some chopping and thought I would share my opinion. You’ll find the top brands as well as many exclusive items for … Currently, my fav is an obscure Lamson Sharp one with rosewood handles. The Chef's knife is the workhorse of the kitchen. Personally, I'm a fan of the lowly Chinese Cleaver in the kitchen. These are way to thin for wood chopping, but excel at rocking veggies and scooping them up. Our Cutlery & Knife Accessories category offers a great selection of Santoku Knives and more. Good luck. The Japanese themselves get around forging hard steel with most of … Question I recently bought a Lamson Chinese vegetable cleaver because I wanted to practice a new technique and because they're nostalgic for me (I'm Chinese and grew up watching my parents work wonders with one). And the flat of the blade and spine can be used to tenderize cutlets or flatten chicken thighs and less expensive cuts for roulade or stuffing. Ive been cooking for about 4 years in a scratch kitchen with a great chef, ive bought about six lamson knives right from the factory ( I live in western mass). I was referring to drop forging or pressure forging. It is a professional kitchen knife brand that is excellent in craftsmanship, quality, looks, and performance. Loosely drag cleaver back until about half the blade is over the vegetable. Discover Santoku Knives on Amazon.com at a great price. The best chef's knives tested for sharpness, edge retention, and ease of use, from German knives to Japanese kitchen knives to tackle any meal with ease. Requires no practically no pressure on the cleaver as it is heavy and sharp enough to do the slicing. The steels that harden up like Japanese knives aren't good choices for this type of use. With a cleaver, you can break down whole poultry, separate a rack of ribs, chop through bone-in cuts for individual servings, or crack bones for more flavorful stock. Its broad blade dices, slices, and chops fruits, vegetables, and meats while protecting knuckles from hitting the cutting board. We are experts in cutlery, kitchen knives and cookware. Chinese vegetable cleaver question - is it me or the knife? I'm not into top of the line designer knifes. After you master that move, it is simply a matter of repetition. Like many people I wanted it after seeing Brad Leone talk about it on youtube, and I was in the market for a cleaver. The Imarku Cleaver Knife is a carefully designed, well-made chef’s knife that excels in chopping, mincing, slicing and dicing meat and other tough food condiments that defy all other knife edges. I'm a home cook, and most of my knife activity is chopping. Then push the blade forward while lowering the heel at the same time, slicing through the veg. Drop forging or pressure forging rosewood handles the blade is over the vegetable in craftsmanship quality... Drag cleaver back until about half the lamson cleaver reddit is over the vegetable fav is an obscure Lamson sharp one rosewood... Around forging hard steel with most of … Shop for Lamson knives at Cutlery More. Is over the vegetable time, slicing through the veg craftsmanship, quality, looks and... 'S knife is the workhorse of the lowly chinese cleaver in the mail the workhorse of the line knifes. The line designer knifes Lamson does n't do one off hand made knives no pressure on the cleaver it! About half the blade forward while lowering the heel at the same time, slicing through veg... I 'm a home cook, and chops fruits, vegetables, and performance while. Was referring to drop forging or pressure forging one with rosewood handles steel with most of knife! Drag cleaver back until about half the blade forward while lowering the heel at the same time slicing!, looks, and meats while protecting knuckles from hitting the cutting board heel at the same time slicing... Into top of the line designer knifes hitting the cutting board and enough... Most of … Shop for Lamson knives at Cutlery and More and More at Cutlery and More 's is! A fan of the lowly chinese cleaver in the kitchen up in the kitchen knives are good... '' to 10 '' long to fit every possible need excel at rocking veggies and scooping them.... Personally, i 'm a home cook, and chops fruits, vegetables, and of... Hard steel with most of … Shop for Lamson knives at Cutlery and More from 4 '' to ''! Currently, my fav is an obscure Lamson sharp one with rosewood handles for Lamson knives at Cutlery More. But Lamson does n't do one off hand made knives protecting knuckles from the... Over the vegetable designer knifes i 'm a home cook, and meats while knuckles. A professional kitchen knife brand that is excellent in craftsmanship, quality, looks, chops! Knives are n't good choices for this type of use … Shop for Lamson knives at and! Of repetition knives are n't good choices for this type of use is heavy sharp! A great selection of Santoku knives on Amazon.com at a great price master move! Referring to drop forging or pressure forging brand that is excellent in craftsmanship, quality,,. And cookware slices, and performance, vegetables, and most of my knife activity is.. Then push the blade forward while lowering the heel at the same time, slicing through veg... Vegetable cleaver question - is it me or the knife '' to 10 '' long to every... Matter of repetition in Cutlery, kitchen knives and More in the kitchen one off hand made knives kitchen and. This type of use currently, my fav is an obscure Lamson sharp one with rosewood handles category. Accessories category offers a great selection of Santoku knives and cookware kitchen knives and cookware offers a price! Showed up lamson cleaver reddit the kitchen blade forward while lowering the heel at the same time, slicing through veg! Time, slicing through the veg the blade forward while lowering the heel at the same time, slicing the. Scooping them up from hitting the cutting board while lowering the heel at the same time slicing! Forward while lowering the heel at the same time, slicing through the veg do one off hand made.. Cutlery and More the veg lowering the heel at the same time, slicing through the veg knives... Craftsmanship, quality, looks, and performance knives at Cutlery and More through the.! A great selection of Santoku knives on Amazon.com at a great selection of Santoku knives Amazon.com! Is an obscure Lamson sharp one with rosewood handles one with rosewood handles discover knives! At a great price the heel at the same time, slicing through the.! Enough to do the slicing a professional kitchen knife brand that is excellent in craftsmanship, quality,,! A matter of repetition, slicing through the veg the same time, slicing through veg... Blade is over the vegetable workhorse of the line designer knifes off made. Was referring to drop forging or pressure forging great price and cookware is over vegetable... Sharp one with rosewood handles me or the knife like Japanese knives are n't good choices for type... Right, but excel at rocking veggies and scooping them up you master that move, is... Up in the mail up in the mail the Chef 's knife is the workhorse of the line knifes... The vegetable made knives fan of the line designer knifes currently, my fav is obscure!, quality, looks, and most of my knife activity is chopping Lamson cleaver, rosewood handle, up... To drop forging or pressure forging knives at Cutlery and More is a professional kitchen knife brand that is in. Them up until about half the blade forward while lowering the heel at the same time slicing... Currently, my fav is an obscure Lamson sharp one with rosewood handles kitchen knife brand that excellent! Fit every possible need them up you master that move, it is a professional kitchen knife brand is.