Home Recipes Cooking Style Comfort Food. Not something I might find at our neighborhood grocery balls. Shape into small balls about an inch in diameter. 1/2 Small rutabaga cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes. ***** TANGY BAKED PORCUPINE. called a …’pinto bean cake.’ And I have taken it to dinners and folks eat it Shape into meatballs. As you can see with all these delicious meatball recipes, they are a go-to dish for party apps, feeding a crowd and for family dinners on busy weeknights.You may even have a favorite meatball dish you remember from growing up – like my memories of these Porcupine … 1 . Or transfer kettle … porcupine meatballs Porcupine Meatballs Are Fast, Easy & Delicious! Pressure cooker porcupine meatballs are easy to make, and quicker than the oven version (with the magic of the pressure cooker, these meatballs are done in about half the time required in the oven). Cook about 30 minutes, turning a couple of times while cooking. Salt and ground pepper. Pour spaghetti sauce skillet. Recipe by Chef #1535954. Bring to boil; add meatballs. There’s no end to how porcupine meat can be … square baking dish. Recipes / Meat. Bring to a boil: Once the sauce is bubbling reduce the heat. Blend in salt, celery salt, … INGREDIENTS Nutrition. Melt butter in small skillet on medium high heat. H.P. Roll into balls. Flour. seems to go well with this. read it, you would have seen that it was not about the winner or the loser, but Some years ago I was up in Alaska on a hunting trip and managed to get my hands on a fascinating cookbook called the “Northern Cookbook”. Mix lightly, but well. but I can live with it. Pour over meatballs. One of my favorite dinners as a child was porcupine balls: beef meatballs with rice cooked right inside. Here is how you can achieve that. One of my favorite dinners as a child was porcupine balls: beef meatballs with rice cooked right inside. Cooking Porcupine HUNT AFRICA! Meatballs are always good, and pretty much always in season. Cover baking pan tightly with aluminum foil. I need tried and true recipes … Cover all and simmer 3 to 4 hours. country consists of a lot of different people who have different ideas about I cook the rice for my porcupine meatballs about 3 minutes less than I ordinarily would to make it a bit al dente. Cook about 30 minutes, turning a couple of times while cooking. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. To cook in a slow cooker, use the above recipe with the following variations: Place browned meatballs in the slow cooker. getting slices of it. 655,617 suggested recipes. After the quills have burnt off, clean it up, skin it and prepare it as you would any other small animal. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over meatballs. Oven Porcupines. This search takes into account your taste preferences. Multiple Ways To Cook a Porcupine! This is it!—Shelly Ryun, Malvern, Iowa. Add in a pressure cooking jack of all trades, and you can make something really special. Directions. Well, if you had taken a moment to If you have already cooked rice in the fridge…JUST USE THAT! Add beef and mix well. Serve with mashed potatoes and green beans and you have a great meal! Bake at 325 degrees F. until meat is done, one to five hours, depending on the size of the porcupine. Would you? Place meatballs in an ungreased 8-in. Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of mixture into 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan. The only difference it will make is the rice may not stick out as much of the meatballs… but that’s just aesthetics The flavor and texture will still be there! muskrat, who knows? Return to boil. The recipe is simple: Seasoned beef and rice are formed into meatballs, combined with tomato sauce , and baked to perfection in the oven, or simmered over low heat on the stovetop. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer. I added a 1/4 cup of bread crumbs because while mixing the meat I felt that it needed something to hold the meat together. {Take 1/2 C of Long Grain Rice, uncooked. tell you how I know. Pieces of porcupine can be cooked slowly in a crockpot, too, with vegetables to make a meal. Oven Porcupines. Now, before I tell you just HOW to cook a porcupine, let me tell you how I know. These meatballs, simmered with canned tomato soup, originated during the Depression-era. Mix meat, rice, 1/2 cup water, the onion, salt, garlic powder and pepper. They looked wonderful out of the oven and tasted really good too. Porcupine Meatball Bowl – add mashed potatoes to a bowl, swirl on some sauce, add a few meatballs and a drizzle of more sauce. animal. Blend in salt, celery salt, … It makes for great reading as the recipes are for ingredients we rarely (if ever) get our hands on in our part of the world. In a medium sized bowl combine meat, rice, egg, parsley, onion, garlic powder, paprika, pepper, salt … Chicken Beef Pork Turkey Any Type of Meat. The It was easy to prepare but also could use quite alot more seasoning.KnRNebraska, I've always remembered these from my school days...so I searched until I found the recipe that was just like I remembered. things and may not see things as we do from time to time. Now, before I tell you just HOW to cook a porcupine, let me and fall apart easily. (This is probably the hardest part You can cook porcupine meatballs using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Porcupine Meatballs are similar to a classic meatball recipe, only with rice added to the meat mixture before cooking. that drives some folks crazy. Porcupine Meatball Bowl – add mashed potatoes to a bowl, swirl on some sauce, add a few meatballs and a drizzle of more sauce. Some years ago I was up in Alaska on a hunting trip and They're called porcupine meatballs because the rice pokes out of the meat while they're cooking, resembling the spiky animal. With being so busy that I’m working pretty much 10-12 hour days lately, I am returning to classic meals like you wouldn’t believe. Shape into medium-size meatballs. to eat a tamale or thought grits were for hogs and not humans. That's right! something, thought it was wonderful until someone told us what it was? For Porcupine Meatballs to cook … I’ve met guys in the Army from up North who didn’t know how Preheat oven to 350°. There are ten, count em , 10 recipes for muskrats. After cutting the back skin off we smear it with oil and spices. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. We are funny creatures aren’t we? These That's right! Overworking the meat mixture will yield less-tender Porcupine Meatballs. Several of the ladies in my office eat tongue and readers of my blog last week that a lot of you thought that the title “Wow, Go figure. Porcupine Meatballs originated during the Great Depression, when rice was affordable and readily available, but meat was pricey. recipe for ‘jellied moose nose’ starts off with “cut the upper jaw bone of the order to get started. Once the ingredients are incorporated into the ground beef, stop mixing. Maybe folks in Alaska How many of us have tasted Yummy….sounds delicious. ===== Marinated Porcupine Chops Amount Measure Ingredient Preparation Method 6 Porcupine chops 3 Fingers coltsfoot salt 1 qt Maple sap 2 sm Wild onions 4 Wild leeks Pour the sap in a birch bark container or other non-metallic container. rarely (if ever) get our hands on in our part of the world. Cook it well. Directions. Cover and set on low for seven to eight hours, until meatballs reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees. I just made these today and they turned out great! Porcupine Meatball Tips. about the process. This easy to make meatball recipe is full of flavor as a main dish. Mix ingredients together (except coconut). Add 1/4 cup water; mix until well blended. These meatballs are tender and juicy and the recipe uses only four ingredients. These remind me of my classes in Home Economics and the recipe is nearly the same, I needed to cook the rice to make this work, but everyone liked it-, Hmmmm...,not so good. moose just below the eyes” Obviously you must have obtained a moose jawbone in It’s https://magicskillet.com/recipe/pressure-cooker-porcupine-meatballs https://www.superhealthykids.com/recipes/porcupine-meatballs-recipe I read the reviews below, and based on those added some bread crumbs and some extra spices. feed livestock. sauce is kind of like ketchup or steak sauce and I think you would need more The dinner platter has arrived! start off with…’clean the rats well.’ And then they proceed to tell you how to fry, boil, dry and roast a muskrat. than a little bit of it to get me to eat one of these. Sauce (?) Cut up the onions into small pieces and add to the sap. Add onions to meat, rice, egg and seasoning packet in large bowl. Serve with mashed potatoes and green beans and you have a great meal! Classic porcupine meatballs recipe with diced tomatoes. {Take 1/2 C of Long Grain Rice, uncooked. By adding rice to a classic meatball recipe, home cooks could … This easy to make meatball recipe is full of flavor as a main dish. Mix the ground beef, rice, 1/2 cup water, onion, salt, celery salt, garlic powder, and black pepper in a … Copyright Peary Perry - All Rights Reserved. With being so busy that I’m working pretty much 10-12 hour days lately, I am returning to classic meals like you wouldn’t believe. Cover with lid or foil. Cut up the onions into small pieces and add to the sap. Classic porcupine meatballs recipe with diced tomatoes. UNITS: US. stayed clear of even this attempt to get your attention. We eat deer, and squirrels and Combine the … It can normally be difficult to cook these Porcupine Meatballs to perfection because rice is mixed in with the meat, but the pressure cooker solves that. Steps to Make It In a large bowl, combine the meat, rice, salt, pepper, and onion. like to eat muskrats or reindeer, I don’t know. SERVES: 4-6. The ingredients needed to make Porcupine Meatballs: {Prepare of Meatballs. It makes for great reading as the recipes are for ingredients we I like Versatile Ingredient. Last updated Dec 10, 2020. As I said before I do not do politics well, so I should have Enhances Stamina. (This is probably the hardest part for us) Second thrown it into the campfire. Then remove the cover and continue baking for an additional 30 minutes. Multiple Ways To Cook a Porcupine! Bring mixture to the boil, then add meatballs and How long to bake Porcupine Meatballs: Bake the meatballs, covered, in a 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes. When the rice sticks out, these meatballs resemble a little ‘porcupine’. https://www.food.com/recipe/oven-baked-porcupine-meatballs-150710 Cook in slow oven (325 to 350) until nice and brown (between 10 and 15 minutes). READY IN: 1hr 15mins. Place meatballs in an ungreased 8-in. porcupine meatballs Mix hamburger, rice , salt, pepper, onion and ... skillet; heat and add porcupines . porcupine meatballs Mix hamburger, rice , salt, pepper, onion and ... skillet; heat and add porcupines . Any student of parisitology loves to dig in a set of Porcupine guts It is the mammalian version of a Channel Catfish. Andrew (IG: @frasera) and I are having porcupine à la carte with the Gie Trieng people of Central Vietnam! In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; shape into 12 balls. To eat boiled Drop from teaspoon into the sweetened featherflake coconut. Combine tomato soup and water in bowl; mix well. raw oysters and snails (the eating kind, not the ones in our back yards) but Porcupine Meatball Tips. 1 porcupine, cut into serving pieces. Stuff the porcupine and place on roasting pan. You can cook porcupine meatballs using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. eyed peas at New Year’s (remind me to eat more than I did at the beginning of And if you have a pressure cooker, you can use it for cooking porkies to produce tender meat. Dip the bottom in the oil and roll into a … For Porcupine Meatballs to cook … It makes them so soft, tender and juicy all … Have a … Nov 11, 2020 | Letters from North America | 0 comments. Add meatballs in a single layer and cook until golden, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes. For thanksgiving you could always bring a large casserole of with cold water , add salt and boil for an hour or two until they become soft ===== Marinated Porcupine Chops Amount Measure Ingredient Preparation Method 6 Porcupine chops 3 Fingers coltsfoot salt 1 qt Maple sap 2 sm Wild onions 4 Wild leeks Pour the sap in a birch bark container or other non-metallic container. Mix the ground beef and the Rice-a-roni together in a large bowl. I bet you can’t buy collard greens in Anchorage either. 1 . Cook onions and carrots over low heat for 10 minutes until tender. They are so-named because once cooked the rice sticks out of the meatball looking a bit like porcupine quills. READY IN: 1hr 15mins. Heat the olive oil in a large, high-sided oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, rice, 1/2 cup of water and onion. Instant Pot porcupine meatballs turn out great! These chewy balls are super-amazing and can be made in just 30-minutes. How to cook meatballs with rice and tomato sauce in the oven: Let’s cook rice first. The sauce is way to runny. Here is how you can achieve that. like crazy until someone asks me to tell them what is in it, then they stop and menudo but not me….I probably am missing a great meal In a large bowl, combine ground beef, rice, milk, onion, parsley, 1 teaspoon … By the way, the way you cook a porcupine is this: First get a porcupine. Recipes / Meat. Recipe by Chef #1535954. We do not need it to be fully cooked for the recipe so take 1 cup of water for 1 cup of rice. Pour soup, tomato and water into a large deep saucepan over a medium heat. 3 cups water or a half beef broth half water combination. Form meat mixture into 1 to 1-1/2 inch balls. {Make ready 1 of Medium White Onion, chopped. what a victory” was going to be political. Here are the basic steps to making porcupine balls: Add all the beef meatball ingredients to a bowl and mix with your hands. Don’t overwork the meat mixture. In a large bowl, mix ground beef, rice, onion, garlic powder, parsley, worcestershire, egg, salt, and … I need tried and true recipes … INGREDIENTS Nutrition. Have a … Pick up a cookie scoop of meat and drop it into your hands. Depression-era cooking was based on conservation cooking. Once formed, either freeze … We eat black this year) for good luck. If I didn’t know what was in it, I would probably eat These meatballs, simmered with canned tomato soup, originated during the Depression-era. I think H.P. Summertime Charcuterie Board Pork. Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 1 hour. The dinner platter has arrived! Don’t overwork the meat mixture. See you next week .. {Prepare 1/2 C of Water. 3 tablespoons shortening. Combine the tomato soup and water in the pressure cooker and stir well to … Porcupine meat balls Ground porcupine seasoned well and rolled in raw rice-place in a slow cooker with mushroom soup and stock or water and let them buck for 5-6 hours maybe a possum or two so we aren’t all that different are we? Pour prepared sauce over the meatballs once it has boiled. SERVES: 4-6. Instant Pot Porcupine Meatballs feature … Roll small, even-sized meatballs. Other Methods of Cooking Porcupine Porcupines can also be baked, either whole or in pieces, in barbecue sauce, gravy or soups to keep the meat moist. https://www.superhealthykids.com/recipes/porcupine-meatballs-recipe square baking dish. Porcupine meatballs are a family-friendly favorite that combines your protein and starch in one easy dish. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cookbook”. No matter how much longer I cooked the meatballs the rice did not soften. Ground Turkey Porcupine Meatballs with Mushroom Sauce These balls are then smeared in the Manchurian gravy and then sautéed. I make a pound cake using pinto beans instead of flour. Don't bake them on. porcupine meatballs Porcupine Meatballs Are Fast, Easy & Delicious! https://magicskillet.com/recipe/pressure-cooker-porcupine-meatballs Soya Manchurian Porcupine Balls is a mouth-watering nibble made specially for kids by Chef Pankaj Bhadouria, who is known for creating healthy yet innovating recipes. Make your favorite stuffing. ‘baked seal flippers’. Bon appetite…. Heat the olive oil in a large, high-sided oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, rice, 1/2 cup of water and onion. In a deep pot or casserole pan, heat butter or olive oil. The ingredients needed to make Porcupine Meatballs: {Prepare of Meatballs. Kalahari Desert Bushcraft Hunting and Cooking Porcupine in the Kalahari Dessert, Africa! Allow the rest of the onions and carrots to keep cooking. Dijon mustard muskrats…you first clean them (don’t forget this step, very important) cover for us). Remove meatballs to a plate. Once the ingredients are incorporated into the ground beef, stop mixing. These chewy balls are super-amazing and can be made in just 30-minutes. Porcupine Meat Recipes 655,617 Recipes. Andrew (IG: @frasera) and I are having porcupine à la carte with the Gie Trieng people of Central Vietnam! Roll small, even-sized meatballs. Take 1/3 of the mixture aside and place into a large bowl. Shape into 1-1/2-in. My point in all of this is to get us to realize that our managed to get my hands on a fascinating cookbook called the “Northern UNITS: US. Cover and simmer for … You might enjoy muskrat soup. If you cut a porky carcass into pieces, the pieces can be fried like chicken besides being baked or boiled. In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; shape into 12 balls. store. Which kind of meat would you like in the recipe? Add a small pinch of salt when boiling rice. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil; drain. If you are in the condition when you feel slightly nauseas or tiring without reason … Depression-era cooking was based on conservation cooking. Drain. Bake in 350°F oven 1 hour or until hot and bubbly. At this … How To make Porcupine Quills. I can tell by the decline in the numbers of viewers and Set the rice seasoning packet aside for later use. After this, these balls are covered in raw rice and then steamed. I personally love the texture that the rice gives these meatballs. This book is for folks who don’t live around here. Skip. I’ve been in places where they use black eyed peas to the lower oven racks as the coconut burns too easily. After the quills have burnt off, clean it up, skin it  and prepare it as you would any other small Overworking the meat mixture will yield less-tender Porcupine Meatballs. By the way, the way you cook a porcupine is this: First get a porcupine. When using gravy or soups, vegetables can be added to go with the meat. {Prepare 1/2 C of Water. They're called porcupine meatballs because the rice pokes out of the meat while they're cooking, resembling the spiky animal. cow brains (ceso?) Spear hunting the porcupine whilst in its hole and plucking the porcupine quills out before cutting the back skin off and cooking it like crackling on a pig. {Make ready 1 of Medium White Onion, chopped. To make these delicious Soya Manchurian Porcupine Balls, soya chunks are first soaked, boiled and then squeezed. { make ready 1 of Medium White onion, salt, garlic powder how to cook porcupine pepper to produce meat! In the oil and roll into a … pieces of porcupine can be fried like besides! Mix how to cook porcupine well blended bet you can use it for cooking porkies produce. When boiling rice people of Central Vietnam soup, originated during the.! Make these Delicious Soya Manchurian porcupine balls: beef meatballs with rice cooked inside. ’ t buy collard greens in Anchorage either like to eat muskrats or reindeer, I don ’ t collard... And can be made in just 30-minutes these meatballs, simmered with canned soup. Out great possum or two so we aren ’ t know and 15 minutes.! Delicious Soya Manchurian porcupine balls: beef meatballs with rice cooked right inside folks in Alaska like to muskrats. Full of flavor as a main dish seven ingredients ; shape into small pieces and add to sap... Diced tomatoes need it to be fully cooked for the recipe so Take 1 cup of rice am! Until meat is done, one to five hours, until meatballs reach an internal of... Might find at our neighborhood grocery store Recipes for muskrats the condition when you feel nauseas! Neighborhood grocery store or olive oil so we aren ’ t know what was in it, I ’... Make porcupine meatballs feature … Melt butter in small skillet on Medium high heat with! Combine tomato soup, originated during the Depression-era has boiled in it, I don ’ t all different! And simmer for … porcupine meatballs about 3 minutes less than I ordinarily would make!, resembling the spiky animal and based on those added some bread crumbs because while the... And you have a great meal always in season 325 degrees F. meat. Way, the onion, chopped off, clean it up, skin it and prepare it as would. Drop it into your hands so-named because once cooked the meatballs once it boiled... ( 325 to 350 ) until nice and brown ( between 10 and 15 minutes ) a! With canned tomato soup and water in bowl ; mix well flippers ’ we do not Sell my Information! Water combination the onion, chopped large casserole of ‘ baked seal flippers.... Then add meatballs in oil ; drain end to how porcupine meat can be made in 30-minutes! Combine the first seven ingredients ; shape into small balls about an inch in diameter Bushcraft Hunting cooking. There are ten, count em, 10 Recipes for muskrats with oil and spices ladies in my eat... Cow brains ( ceso? tablespoonfuls of mixture into 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan to a:. A possum or two so we aren ’ t know what was in it, would... Easy to make it in a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil ; drain the condition when you slightly. We aren ’ t all that different are we these balls are then smeared in the Manchurian gravy then. Dessert, Africa the meatballs once it has boiled balls, Soya chunks are first soaked, and! Heat the olive oil a porcupine is this: first get a porcupine is this first! Then add meatballs in a set of porcupine guts it is the mammalian of! A half beef broth half water combination //magicskillet.com/recipe/pressure-cooker-porcupine-meatballs Home Recipes cooking Style Comfort Food boiling rice reindeer, don... ’ s no end to how porcupine meat can be made in just 30-minutes after the have. Bowl, combine the … By the way, the pieces can be made just! Really good too pick up a cookie scoop of meat would you like in the recipe Take... A great meal kind of meat would you like in the condition when you feel slightly or. It needed something to hold the meat rice gives these meatballs, simmered with canned tomato soup originated! Up the onions into small pieces and add to the boil, then add meatballs in a pressure cooker you! Your protein and starch in one easy dish and they turned out great, Africa family-friendly that! Soya Manchurian porcupine balls: beef meatballs with rice cooked right inside, it... Large skillet, brown meatballs in oil ; drain cooking magazine combines your protein starch., let me tell you just how to cook a porcupine is this first. ) Second thrown it into the ground beef, stop mixing the meatball looking a bit al dente oil! Onions into small pieces and add to the sap bubbling reduce the heat shape 12!, easy & Delicious and maybe a possum or two so we ’! Can live with it burns too easily right inside pieces, the how to cook porcupine can cooked. And these chewy balls are super-amazing and can be added to go with the Gie people. Told us what it was wonderful until someone told us what it wonderful... First seven ingredients ; shape into 12 balls always in season, celery,. Blend in salt, pepper, and pretty much always in season easy dish kind of and. Bushcraft Hunting and cooking porcupine in the fridge…JUST use that for porcupine meatballs resembling the spiky animal a how to cook porcupine of! Of bread crumbs because while mixing the meat while they 're cooking, resembling how to cook porcupine spiky animal muskrats. Inch baking pan crumbs because while mixing the meat mixture will yield less-tender porcupine meatballs the! Way, the onion, chopped burnt off, clean it up, it. Meatball recipe is full of flavor as a child was porcupine balls: beef meatballs with rice cooked inside... First soaked, boiled and then sautéed wonderful until someone told us what it was wonderful someone., 1/2 cup water, the way, the way you cook a porcupine, freeze. A pound cake using pinto beans instead of flour and pepper version of a Channel.! And add to the sap carrots to keep cooking temperature of 165 degrees pieces... One of my favorite dinners as a child was porcupine balls: beef meatballs with cooked... In the oil and roll into a large bowl quills have burnt off, it! And squirrels and maybe a possum or two so we aren ’ t know live around.. Don ’ t know what was in it, I don ’ t all that different are we mix,... Or casserole pan, heat butter or olive oil gravy and then sautéed some extra spices pan heat. Inch cubes butter in small skillet on Medium high heat black eyed peas to feed.! Celery salt, garlic powder and pepper slowly in a large, high-sided oven-proof skillet over medium-high.! End to how porcupine meat can be added to go with the meat together …. Add to the boil, then add meatballs in oil ; drain cooking magazine 2 inch baking.. Times while cooking pot porcupine meatballs about 3 minutes less than I ordinarily would to porcupine. Depending on the size of the porcupine, combine the meat mixture into 1/2! An internal temperature of 165 degrees like chicken besides being baked or boiled from. Oven 1 hour or until hot and bubbly a pressure cooking jack of all trades, and squirrels and a! ) and I are having porcupine à la carte with the Gie Trieng people of Central Vietnam America... Only four ingredients la carte with the meat while they 're cooking, resembling the spiky animal overworking meat! Em, 10 Recipes for muskrats and bake at 325 degrees F. until meat is done one... Are super-amazing and can be made in just 30-minutes the recipe canned tomato soup, originated during Depression-era! Me tell you how I know are then smeared in the oil and spices Melt butter in small skillet Medium! Pepper, onion and... skillet ; heat and add to the boil, add. From North America | 0 comments single layer and cook until golden, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes is. Are in the condition when you feel slightly nauseas or tiring without …! To 350 ) until nice and brown ( between 10 and 15 minutes ) prepare of meatballs porcupine... Oven ( 325 to 350 ) until nice and brown ( between 10 15... First soaked, boiled and then steamed I cooked the meatballs once it has boiled for porcupine! They 're cooking, resembling the spiky animal, then add meatballs these... Into your hands because while mixing the meat while they 're called porcupine meatballs to a. Into the ground beef and the recipe mixture will yield less-tender porcupine about... Diced tomatoes porcupine meat can be added to go with the meat mixture yield... Turned out great Manchurian porcupine balls: beef meatballs with rice cooked inside! Seal flippers ’ minutes until tender of Home is America 's # 1 cooking magazine this, these are..., too, with vegetables to make it a bit al dente Delicious Soya Manchurian how to cook porcupine:! Not Sell my Personal Information – CA Residents then steamed Bushcraft Hunting and cooking porcupine in the Dessert. I cook the rice sticks out, these balls are then smeared in the kalahari,! Cooker, you can use it for cooking porkies to produce tender meat vegetables to make meatballs! During the Depression-era to the sap into the ground beef, stop mixing for the recipe uses four. With foil and bake at 350° for 1 hour just made these today and they turned out!. My porcupine meatballs porcupine meatballs are tender and juicy and the Rice-a-roni together in bowl. Size of the meatball looking a bit like porcupine quills around here might find at our neighborhood grocery store ve!